Single Stream Recycling
Boston Properties is proud to provide desk side single stream recycling program to all customer employees at 200 Clarendon Street! This comprehensive recycling program is part of our standard building services. In addition to paper and cardboard, all metal or plastic items with the recycling symbol 1-7 can be placed in the blue recycling bins beside each desk.
Acceptable materials include:
- paper of any color
- all glossy paper
- newspaper, magazines
- envelopes, including those with windows and/or labels
- all folders, including those with metal hangers and/or hooks
- computer paper, NCR (carbonless) forms and checks
- paper that has been paper clipped, stapled, and/or taped
- notebooks or folders that have plastic tabs or are bound together with plastic or wire spirals
- glass or aluminum bottles and cans
- ANY empty plastic item with the recycling symbol 1-7 on it
Unacceptable materials include:
- overnight mail packaging
- paper towels, facial tissue
- plastic, Styrofoam, or waxed cups
- waxed paper
- items that have to be dismantled into separate materials (staplers, pens, etc.)
Each night the janitorial staff collects the trash in one bin and the recycling in another. Sometimes there are separate porters for trash and recycling while at other times, they will bring the bins together. Trash and recycling are placed in separate compactors on the loading dock. The trash is then removed and disposed of while the recycling is picked up and brought to a sorting facility to separate and recycle the various elements.
As plastic liners are not recyclable, blue recycle bins are not lined. It is the responsibility of the customer to make sure these bins remain clean. If you are interested in having plastic liners placed in these bins, please contact customer services for a proposal as this is a billable expense.
All paper leaves the property weekly in locked compactors and is bailed at the recycling company’s warehouse. Although confidentiality is reasonably preserved through this process, customers may choose to shred particularly sensitive documents before placing them in the recycling receptacles.
By fully utilizing the blue desk side recycle bin, your occupants can:
- contribute to the environment by recycling more waste
- reduce operating expenses at 200 Clarendon Street
In addition to mixed paper, bottles, cans, and plastics, 200 Clarendon Street offers recycling and proper disposal services for the following:
- E-waste (computers, monitors, printers, copiers, etc.)
- Batteries & UPS equipment
- Lamps and bulbs
- Metal furniture
- Wood furniture
All of the above items can be recycled by entering a request into the work order system or calling Property Management Coordinator at (617) 275-0100. Please note that a charge might apply to some of the additional recycling services.
Lamps and Bulbs
Whenever possible energy saving and low mercury content lamps and bulbs are utilized at the site. All lamps and bulbs removed from the site are disposed of properly.